Friday, May 30, 2014

Movie Review: 'X-Men Days of Future Past' & 'Godzilla'

Title: X-Men Days of Future Past
Series: Yes (7th film in the X-Men film franchise)
Genre: Action || Adventure || Fantasy
Release Date: May 21, 2014
Platform watched: 3D
Recommended for: everyone who is still waiting for their superpowers to kick in, hopeful mutants, and all the X-Men fans out there




IMDB SYNOPSIS:

The X-Men send Wolverine to the past in a desperate effort to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants.

Director: Bryan Singer

Stars: Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Halle Berry, Shawn Ashmore, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence and many others. (I just mentioned my favorites!)





MY THOUGHTS:
I expected a lot before watching this movie on the first (yes, first! I am THAT excited!) day of showing. IT. DID. NOT. DISAPPOINT! It even surpassed my high expectations. During the few minutes of the movie, I already got what I paid for. Action-packed exposition and no boring recap.

Parts that I LIKED?
  • Everything. Everything! EVERYTHING!!!
  • The first part. When I saw Bobby, I screamed my heart out!
  • Action-packed. No boring parts. I seriously enjoyed every detail.
Parts that I DIDN'T liked?
  • None. It just left me wanting more, which is a good thing and not a bad thing.
Will I get a DVD version? Yes! (For Shawn Ashmore and James McAvoy)
Will I watch it again? Yes! (For Shawn Ashmore and James McAvoy)

RATING:
5 hearts!
I highly recommend that you watch the movie in 3D. It's going to be a different movie experience and it is definitely WORTH IT!




Title: Godzilla
Series: No
Genre: Science Fiction
Release Date: May 16, 2014
Platform watched: 3D
Recommended for: everyone who wants a fresh take on Godzilla




IMDB SYNOPSIS:

The world's most famous monster is pitted against malevolent creatures who, bolstered by humanity's scientific arrogance, threaten our very existence.

Director: Gareth Edwards   
Stars: Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Elizabeth Olsen, Bryan Cranston







MY THOUGHTS:
I went to the movie house expecting that this was a reboot of the 1998 version of Godzilla and boy I was disappointed. I read somewhere that this going to be a rehash but the storyline was totally different than expected. It had no sign of the previous Godzilla film. (I love the 1998 version!)

Parts that I liked?
  • Scenes where Godzilla is present. Sadly, those are only few.
  • Godzilla vs. MUTOs. Hell Yeah! #TeamGodzilla
  • The ending. I won't spoil it.
Parts that I DIDNT liked?
  • Dramatic exposition. Early on in the movie, someone dies. Ugh, no time for tears. I want Godzilla. NOW!
  • Unnecessary dialogues. I just wanted actions scenes with Godzilla or whatever monster there is.
  • It is not easy to follow. You have to listen to the dialogues and the progress is quite slow. I just want Godzilla. After all, the title is Godzilla.
  •  Less Godzilla. I am surprised that Godzilla had less exposure in this movie. The other monster appearred first and had more scenes. Godzilla was elusive. NOOOOOOOOO!
Will I get a DVD version? No.
Will I watch it again? Maybe. The 1998 version is better.

RATING:

3 hearts!
Not what I expected. Still, it was a decent 3D movie experience.

3 comments:

  1. Just saw this movie review, Carmel! I also love love love X-Men: Days of the Future Past! I liked Blink and Kitty and Quicksilver. ASDFGHJKL!! And my jaw literally dropped when Storm, you know, *SPOILER*. Haha! Haven't watched Godzilla, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHHH! JULIE!!! ADFGDHJKL!!! X-MEN WAS SOOOO GOOD! (And so many handsome actors haha.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. couldn't agree more. ^____^

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS