Sunday, June 01, 2014

Review: Trackers by Patrick Carman

Title: Trackers (Trackers, #1)
Series: Duology
Genre: Young Adult-Mystery, Science Fiction
Author: Patrick Carman
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Release Date: May 1, 2001
Book: Hardback, Borrowed from Carmel (Thank you!)
Recommended for: People who loves to read a novel that involves technology.




GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
                                                

      Bestselling author Patrick Carman pushes the vbook to the next level with this thrilling book/video/web experience.

In the 21st century landscape of bits and bytes, everyone leaves a digital footprint ... even the most advanced cyber criminals. And that’s where the Trackers come in. Four tech-savvy kids armed with high-tech video cameras and esoteric coding skills, the Trackers can find almost anyone, anywhere. Told through a collage of videos, text, and websites, Trackers #1 follows Adam, Finn, Lewis, and Emily as they become entangled in a high-tech, high-stakes game of cat and mouse with Shantorian, the world’s most dangerous hacker. At least, that’s who they think they’re tracking...

 





MY THOUGHTS:

Awesome read for people who loves technology. (Almost everyone, nowadays.) I'm going to review this by enumerating everything I want to say. If there's one word to describe this book, it would be AWESOME.

THE AWESOME PARTS:

1. Awesome tech-savvy characters - There's four main characters in this story but only Adam Henderson narrates everything. I love all of the characters, from Adam, Lewis, Emily, to Finn because they're so freaking tech-savvy (I'm actually jealous, haha) and they have teamwork (the most important thing in a group). Even though they're different in some ways, they make an awesome team!

2.
Awesome concept - So far, the best concept I have ever read! Technology is always an exception for me. Everything felt so real. Adam stays in a place he called, The Vault and that's where he does all of his awesome works. He makes gadgets and some techie stuffs for himself and for his group. He even fixes stuffs from Microsoft!!! From computers to hard drives. That sounds super cool!

3.
Awesome writing style - The story was in first person point-of-view but it feels different because it's in a different writing style. The style is in a interview kind of style. A guy named H. Ganz will ask Adam questions from the very beginning and Adam will narrate everything from his early days of being a tech-savvy. Thumbs up to Patrick Carman for writing this book in a awesome style!

4.
Awesome villains - A story wouldn't be complete without villains! All I can say the villains in this story were pretty cool too. The villains are Zara and Lazlo. They're also tech-savvy just like the Trackers and you'd be thrilled to know who will win between the two (awesome) groups.

5.
Fast-paced story telling - This is one of the things that made me love this book. It was fast but perfectly understandable. There was no complications, really.

 THE NOT-SO-AWESOME PART:

1. MORE action(s), please - I expected more action because they'll track someone who is/are as awesome as they are. There's is action(s) but I wanted more but overall, it's awesome. (Please comment below and tell me how many times have I used the word AWESOME. Thank you!)

THE ENDING:

My feeling for the ending of this book is the 'I-DONT-KNOW' feeling. I don't know if it's good that it ended that way or not. For me, I'd consider it as a good ending because it felt like everything was okay BUT it can also be considered as a cliffhanger, if you'd want to know more about what will happen to the Trackers and the villains.

Looking forward to read book two soon!

RATING:


4.5 hearts!
I love the whole book but... I wanted more.

Troglodyte forever,

2 comments:

  1. Great review, I hadn't heard of this novel before. I happen to enjoy technology-esque novels more and more as I read, so I will definitely be adding this one to my list (:

    -Courtney Ann @ Rondo of a Possible World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thanks! It's actually a good read. Happy reading!

      Delete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS