Thursday, July 10, 2014

Mini Reviews: 'Where She Went', 'Amy and Roger's Epic Detour' & 'The Princess Diaries'

Title: Where She Went
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Author: 
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile
Release Date: April 5th 2011




GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
          
 

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.

And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?


I wanted to love this! I tried, okay? I expected a heartbreaking story, but honestly, it just bored me! -_- Upon reading, I realized nothing much happens actually. For the most part, Adam just wallows and mopes around. I expected a better story since everyone has been raving about it. I am sorry if this will lead to a declaration of war with fans of this book, but I do not see the reason behind all the hype.  I just did not FEEL the story at all.

Title: Amy and Roger's Epic Detour
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Author: 
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers
Release Date: May 4th 2010




GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
          
 

Amy Curry is not looking forward to her summer. Her mother decided to move across the country and now it's Amy's responsibility to get their car from California to Connecticut. The only problem is, since her father died in a car accident, she isn't ready to get behind the wheel. Enter Roger. An old family friend, he also has to make the cross-country trip - and has plenty of baggage of his own. The road home may be unfamiliar - especially with their friendship venturing into uncharted territory - but together, Amy and Roger will figure out how to map their way.


I have heard some amazing things about this book, but it did not work for me. It did not click for some reason. Maybe it has to do with the slow pacing. It took awhile for me to finish this book. Amy revealed something in the end that I already predicted in the first few chapters of the book. I felt that the reveal was revealed way TOO late.

The romance also was weird. It was too
gradual . No hints or whatsoever were given along the way. Towards the end, Amy just kissed Roger. (Okaaay, what was that?!) I know that was predictable but that was rushed.

After all those disappointments, this book could have been better though. It had so much potential. I liked the pictures, journal entries, and the receipts inserted between each chapters though.

The book can be summarized with this quote in the book: “The best discoveries always happened to the people who weren't looking for them.”
Title: The Princess Diaries
Genre: Young Adult Contemporary
Author:
Publisher: Turtleback Books
Release Date: July 1st 2001




GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
          
 

It's been three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life.

And three years he's spent wondering why.

When their paths cross again in New York City, Adam and Mia are brought back together for one life-changing night.

Adam finally has the opportunity to ask Mia the questions that have been haunting him. But will a few hours in this magical city be enough to lay their past to rest, for good - or can you really have a second chance at first love?


Movie? Yes, I love it!  Books? Don't bother!

The movie is way better than the book. Trust me. The movie is cute, fluffy, and feel-good. But the book is not! The book seemed awfully light on plot and substance. This is definitely a case of the movie being better than the book. I was shocked at the amount of sexual content in the first few chapters alone. Mia is obsessed with her boobs and sex. GAAAAAAH!!! **raging hormones**




RATING:
2 hearts!
I know a lot of people liked the books, but it did not work for me.
Did you like it or not like it?
Share your thoughts below.




No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS