Monday, August 25, 2014

Review: From What I Remember by Stacy Kramer

Series: No
Genre: Young Adult-Contemporary, Romance, Road Trip
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: May 15th 2012
Book: Borrowed from Carmel
Recommended for: Readers who loves to read contemporary romance that involves road trip!

 

GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:


KYLIE: Mexico? What a nightmare! I should be putting the finishing touches on my valedictorian speech. Graduation is TODAY! Wait! Is this a wedding band on my finger??

MAX: It started with Kylie's laptop and a truck full of stolen electronics and it ended in Ensenada. It was hot, the way she broke us out like some chick in an action movie. But now we're stranded here, with less than twenty-four hours before graduation.

WILL: Saving Kylie Flores from herself is kind of a full-time occupation. Luckily, I, Will Bixby, was born for the job. And when I found out she was stuck in Mexico with dreamy Max Langston, sure, I agreed to bring their passports across the border but there's no reason to rush back home right away. This party is just getting started.

LILY: This cannot be happening. It's like some cruel joke. Or a bad dream. I close my eyes and when I reopen them, they're still there. Max and Kylie Flores, freak of the century. In bed together. If Kylie thinks I'm giving him up without a fight, she's dead wrong.

MY THOUGHTS:

I always I thought that I can handle two to three perspectives only but then when I read this book, I was completely wrong. I can handle five different perspectives! Yep, this book has five point of views. From Kylie, Max, Will, Lily, to Justine. I was reading this book before bedtime and I couldn't stop because it was so much fun and I didn't expect to enjoy this book so much.

Everything was great about this book. From the writing style, characters, plot, and events! I was so amazed by how Kramer and Thomas wrote this masterpiece. I like how the story turned out and this book needs more exposure and I think everyone should give this book a try!

I must say, the characters were the best part of this book. Kylie and Max were both adorable together even though they only got to know each other well in just three days, and they were also fun characters. Both of their characters are flawed though they still seem so genuine. They were totally different and they had zero interest to each other (which I found great) but through their unexpected journey to Mexico, they discovered a lot more about themselves and realized they're falling in love with each other. I love how both of their characters grew and developed throughout the story. Even though the romance between them was set for a short period of time, it was unexpectedly built very well. The chemistry was absolutely swooning and the love story was really cute and sweet!

 The supporting characters (Lily, Jake, and Will) were also there and they never left. Their moments did not feel unnecessary to the story and aside from Kylie's POV, I totally enjoyed Will, Kylie's gay best friend, point of view too! I've always wanted to be inside a gay's head and this book gave me that opportunity! It was really fun reading Will's perspective that I couldn't help myself from giggling and laughing. I also like that Will is a very caring and loving best friend to Kylie. Jake's (Kylie's brother) point of view was touching since he's suffering Asperger's Syndrome and Lily's point of view was kind of bitchy but then at some point, I found myself feeling sorry for her situation. Even though the five perspectives were very different from one another, I still love it since it taught me to understand the different kinds of people.

From What I Remember is a great and fast-paced read filled with adventures! This book was totally fun and adorable! Stacey Kramer and Valerie Thomas did a brilliant job with From What I Remember. Everything in this book was great! T. This is definitely a perfect read for summer! I would definitely recommend this book.


RATING:

4.5 hearts!
Amazing and must read!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS