Saturday, October 11, 2014

Review: Fragile Line by Brooklyn Skye

FRAGILE LINE

Young Adult- Contemporary, Mystery, Romance
Source: Won (Kindle Copy)
Published April 21st 2014 by Entangled Teen
Recommended for: People who loves to read mysterious contemporary thrillers that deals with mental issues.
B&N || Amazon || Goodreads
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:                                                          It can happen in a flash. One minute she’s kissing her boyfriend, the next she’s lost in the woods. Sixteen-year-old Ellie Cox is losing time. It started out small…forgetting a drive home or a conversation with a friend. But her blackouts are getting worse, more difficult to disguise as forgetfulness. When Ellie goes missing for three days, waking up in the apartment of a mysterious guy—a guy who is definitely not her boyfriend, her life starts to spiral out of control.

Perched on the edge of insanity, with horrific memories of her childhood leaking in, Ellie struggles to put together the pieces of what she’s lost—starting with the name haunting her, Gwen. Heartbreakingly beautiful, this poignant story follows one girl’s harrowing journey to finding out who she really is.

MY THOUGHTS:

GENERAL -
Who wouldn't want to read this after that synopsis? I won a copy of this book in a giveaway and I didn't know anything about this book until I started reading it. This isn't the kind of book for everyone. Since it's a dark Young Adult contemporary. It deals with horrible issues (drugs, alcohol, and abusive parents). This story is about Ellie Cox, a teenage girl who is experiencing something she cannot explain. One moment she's with her boyfriend, Shane and then next she's somewhere. She keeps on forgetting things (a conversation with a friend, etc.) but as the blackouts got more frequent, it got worse. She went missing for three days and then she woke up at an apartment of some mysterious guy, who is not her boyfriend. One thing that bothers her the most is that the guy doesn't call her Ellie. He calls her Gwen. Now tell me, isn't that intriguing?!
 
CHARACTER(S) -
Ellie made me feel all the emotions inside her. I felt her sadness, her pain, and how scared she was with what's happening to her. The characters are great. All of the characters are interesting and genuine. What amazed me the most is that all of these characters are very strong and independent.  Every character is dealing with some problems. The other characters are Shane, Lexi, and Griffin. Out of all the characters, I must say my favorite character would be Shane. He's a great boyfriend and you can really feel that she truly loves Ellie.

PLOT AND WRITING STYLE -
Even though I already knew what was really happening to Ellie, the plot was still amazing. They're were some parts you wouldn't expect to happen. To be honest, I am running out of words to describe this book. I love Brooklyn Skye's writing style. It's very poignant and eloquent. I can understand her words easily. Brooklyn Skye delivered this story perfectly.

FINAL VERDICT -
There's a lot of good things about this book and there were also some inconsistencies but it's still amazing! All of the things (the issues, the characters, EVERYTHING) in this book could happen in real life and that's why I loved it. Not that I'd like it to happen but that was what made the book very real. I wasn't expecting that I'd like this book. I mean, I love mystery/thriller novels but I think I have never read anything like this before. Is it mysterious? Yes. Is it thrilling? Yes. Did it make me go crazy? Yes. Fragile Line is an original story and totally a must-read by everyone who loves psychological thrillers.

THE ENDING GOT ME LIKE... 

 
RATING:
4 stars!
Another amazing read for 2014! <3

Troglodyte forever,

4 comments:

  1. Great review. I'm going to add this one to my TBR. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mandy! Thanks for dropping by! I'm sure Kyla would be delighted with your comment and that you added Fragile Line on to your TBR pile. <3

      Delete
  2. Great review, Kyla! I have this one for so long now. I don't know why I keep putting it off of my tbr. The cover just looks pretty and wow! Didn't know that it was a mystery :P (I don't read blurb that much) anyway, thanks for the review. I'll read this one soon-ish. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you on the cover, Paula. It is really pretty! Thanks for stopping by, Paula! I hope you'll get to read and love Fragile Line, like I did! :)

      Delete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS