Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Review: The Merciless by Danielle Vega

THE MERCILESS
Young Adult - Contemporary, Horror
Source: (eBook) Gift from Carmel!
Published June 12th 2014 by Razorbill
Recommended for: People who loves to read creepy stuffs.
B&N || Amazon || Goodreads
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:                                                         
Forgive us, Father, for we have sinned

Brooklyn Stevens sits in a pool of her own blood, tied up and gagged. No one outside of these dank basement walls knows she’s here. No one can hear her scream.
 
Sofia Flores knows she shouldn’t have gotten involved. When she befriended Riley, Grace, and Alexis on her first day at school, she admired them, with their perfect hair and their good-girl ways. They said they wanted to save Brooklyn. They wanted to help her. Sofia didn’t realize they believed Brooklyn was possessed.
 
Now, Riley and the girls are performing an exorcism on Brooklyn—but their idea of an exorcism is closer to torture than salvation. All Sofia wants is to get out of this house. But there is no way out. Sofia can’t go against the other girls . . . unless she wants to be next. . . .
 
In this chilling debut, Danielle Vega delivers blood-curdling suspense and terror on every page. By the shockingly twisted end, readers will be faced with the most haunting question of all: Is there evil in all of us?

MY THOUGHTS:

GENERAL -
I LOVE THIS BOOK.The thrills are on the spot! Every scene is horrifyingly breathtaking. This book is messed up in a way I like. It gave me shivers and to be honest, I was swearing every time. I can't stop myself from saying "WTF." It was really horrifying, weird, and insane. This book drove me crazy.

CHARACTER(S) -
I don't have much to say about the characters except for; the characters in this book are all demented. Period. Everyone keeps a very dark and ugly secret which reminds me of Pretty Little Liars. This book is like Pretty Little Liars but in a more demented way. What I did NOT like in this book is the insta-love. The romance was meh

PLOT AND WRITING STYLE -
Even though some scenes are predictable, the plot was still very much amazing! The gruesome scenes really did gave me goosebumps, specially because I read this book in the middle of night just because I have nothing else to read but I'm still glad I got the chance to read it, it didn't disappoint me. It met my expectations. Danielle Vega's writing style was amazing! She wrote the scenes well. I can't wait to read more books from her!

FINAL VERDICT -
I would not recommend this to people who get scared easily. This book made me want to faint but it's really good so I continued. This book is one of my favorite reads this year! The ending got me like "WHAT THE FLYING F." Okay, bye.*hides in my closet*

RATING:
Highly recommended for those people who loves to read horrifying, thrilling, and weird novels.
 
ACTUAL RATING: 4.5 hearts!

Troglodyte forever,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS