Monday, November 24, 2014

Movie Review: Mockingjay Part 1



The movie that we are going to talk about today is
MOCKINGJAY Part 1!



Rating:
5 awesome hearts!!!


Reasons why we LOVE Mockingjay?
Kyla: Uh... who doesn't love Mockingjay? If you don't love it, we can't be buddies. The casts + props + effects = ABSOLUTELY AMAZING.

Carmel: I love how Mockingjay validated the previous movies. You would see how Katniss struggles to fight for Peeta and Peeta does the same thing. They would be willing to go lengths just to protect each other.



Let's discuss the the movie!
(Note: May contain spoilers. You have been warned!)



Was this a great movie for Katniss and Peeta shippers?

Carmel: YES!!! Katniss always thought of Peeta *sigh* Damn you, President Snow!

Kyla: Yes! In this movie, Katniss was always thinking about Peeta and his safety since Peeta is captured by the Capitol.



What should the diehard fans watch for?

Carmel: I was amazed how good The Hanging Tree was. The tune was catchy. I couldn't stop singing the song after the movie.

Kyla: Probably when J. Law (Katniss) sings The Hanging Tree. Her voice is perfection, I'd buy an album if she'll have one.


What are you looking forward on the second half of Mockingjay ?

Carmel: THE ENDING!!! I hope I will feel the same feels as when I read the book. The series was and still is my favorite of all that I have read. I hope they will give justice to the last film.

Kyla: I'm really looking forward for the ending. I love how the book ended so I hope the second part of the movie adaptation ends great. I'm rooting for part two!!!!








YOU WATCH OUT FOR THESE SCENES:




Moving on to the story...


Favorite scene/s --
Kyla: When Katniss sent a message to President Snow. She said,"If we burn, you burn with us." That line gave me goosebumps. All I can say to Katniss is; "you go girl!"




  Carmel: When Katniss and the group went to District 8. It was a very heartbreaking scene! ALSO, WHEN KATNISS CONFIRMED THAT PEETA WAS ALIVE! 





We both love the movie soooo much and we hope you did enjoy it as much as we did!
What are your thoughts?
Did you like it or not?
(Part 2, why are you so far away!)



PS. The images are NOT ours. Photo courtesy of Giphy and its respective owners.

8 comments:

  1. Saw the movie last week and loved it, too! My favorite scenes (among others) are when Katniss brought down two fighter jets with an arrow and when she sang The Hanging Tree. The song was sooo creepy! I can't wait for Part 2 because FEELS!!

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie! I love when she brought down those fighter jets, too! (I just forgot to include it in the post, my bad.) The song was indeed creepy and I also can't wait for part 2! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Julie. Sorry took time to reply. I'm glad you like the movie as well. Waiting for part 2 is torture!!!! And it's gonna be hard because Finnick's.... :( (Finnick, my love!)



    Followed you and your blog BTW! Thanks for dropping by! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to see the movie, too! But school. ARGH.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gods, Finnick! I'm dreading that (inevitable) part! T_T Won't stop me from watching Part 2, though. :)


    Thanks for following, Carmel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was really badass of Katniss! And I had goosebumps when she sang The Hanging Tree. Really great movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Still is showing, Yani! You can still catch up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have watched it na but it's not in the theatres. :(

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS