Friday, November 21, 2014

Review: Famous Last Words by Katie Alender

FAMOUS LAST WORDS 

YA - Contemporary, Mystery/Thriller, Paranormal
Published September 30th 2014 by Point
Source: Gift from Carmel (Thanks!)
GOODREADS || AMAZON
(CA)
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
Hollywood history, mystery, murder, mayhem, and delicious romance collide in this unputdownable thriller from master storyteller Katie Alender.

Willa is freaking out. It seems like she's seeing things. Like a dead body in her swimming pool. Frantic messages on her walls. A reflection that is not her own. It's almost as if someone -- or something -- is trying to send her a message.

Meanwhile, a killer is stalking Los Angeles -- a killer who reenacts famous movie murder scenes. Could Willa's strange visions have to do with these unsolved murders? Or is she going crazy? And who can she confide in? There's Marnie, her new friend who may not be totally trustworthy. And there's Reed, who's ridiculously handsome and seems to get Willa. There's also Wyatt, who's super smart but unhealthily obsessed with the Hollywood Killer.

All Willa knows is, she has to confront the possible-ghost in her house, or she just might lose her mind . . . or her life.

Acclaimed author Katie Alender puts an unforgettable twist on this spine-chilling tale of murder, mystery, mayhem -- and the movies.

MY THOUGHTS:

Famous Last Words is about a girl named Willa who moves to Hollywood with her Mom and her Mom's new husband (AKA Willa's step-father). Meanwhile, there's a news spreading around Hollywood about a serial killer who is dubbed as "The Hollywood Killer" because he kills young and pretty aspiring actresses and then the killer reenacts famous movie murder scenes. As Willa settled down in their new house, she started seeing (weird) things that may have something to do with the murders going on around Hollywood. It's up to her and her friend, Wyatt, to solve who's this mysterious killer.

I like the main character Willa. She had a bad past involving the death of her father. I love how brave and smart she is. I like Wyatt too. Even though he and Willa was quite in bad terms in their first meeting, they had the chance to get to know each other more. I'm glad they became friends. I love how Wyatt helped Willa in solving the murders. I love them both so much!

I love the plot a lot, very intriguing! Another thing I love about this book is that it was fast-paced. I finished reading this book in just several hours. I started reading this at 1 AM (yep, I did read it at one in the morning) and after two hours, I decided to sleep for a while but I couldn't because I wanted to finish the book. I wanted to know what will happen so I got back up and read it again. It was so great that I couldn't put it down. I had a lot of guesses about who's "The Hollywood Killer". Actually, one of my guesses is really is the killer and I'm happy that I guessed it right. As for Alender's writing style, I love it so much. She knows how to pull her readers in. She makes me crave for more.

Famous Last Words is thrilling, fast-paced, and definitely a page turner. I would recommend this book to those people who loves to read thriller novels about solving murders, a mysterious killer, unexpected twists, mix with supernatural! Though I think it's not suitable for someone who gets scared easily since some scenes can get very creepy. You should totally read it.

RATING:

5 HEARTS!
 YOU. SHOULD. READ. IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS