Monday, December 22, 2014

Review: The Geek's Guide to Dating by Eric Smith

THE GEEK'S GUIDE TO DATING

Non-fiction - Humor
Published December 3rd 2013 by Quirk Books
Source: Hardcover; sent by publisher
Goodreads | Amazon
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
You keep your action figures in their original packaging. Your bedsheets are officially licensed Star Wars merchandise. You’re hooked on Elder Scrolls and Metal Gear but now you’ve discovered an even bigger obsession: the new girl who just moved in down the hall. What’s a geek to do? Take some tips from Eric Smith in The Geek’s Guide to Dating. This hilarious primer leads geeks of all ages through the perils and pitfalls of meeting women, going on dates, getting serious, breaking up, and establishing a successful lifelong relationship (hint: it’s time to invest in new bedsheets). Full of whimsical 8-bit illustrations, The Geek’s Guide to Dating will teach fanboys everywhere to love long and prosper.
*Copy provided by publisher in exchange of my honest review. This does not affect the rating or contents of my review.*
MY THOUGHTS:
I don't usually take time in reading non-fiction books but this is going to be an exception. Why? Simply because this book is amazing. This is the first non-fiction novel I've ever read and I can say that this is a great one. I'm very much looking forward to read other non-fiction titles.

“So, we both know why you’re here. You’re tired of living life in single player mode; you’re on a quest for a Player Two to call your own.”

This book is almost entirely aimed at guy 'geeks' who are trying to score a date/find their special someone. Hence, the title.  However, I am a girl but I still found this book helpful when it comes to dating/to score a date. If you're going to ask me if I'm a geek -- I can't give you a straight answer because I'm not quite sure if I am a geek and I don't know what it takes to be a geek. The tips are understandable. I can relate to some certain situations in this book.

The (physical) book is really cute. See the photo below:


Eric Smith did a great job in creating this book.
I giggled all the way until I finished reading the book. I did not finish this book as fast as I normally would (with fiction novels) but it's still worth reading. Overall, this book was really entertaining and cute. Highly recommended for geeks who are tired of living in single player mode.

"If you're lucky enough to have find that special someone, I hope she becomes the Hermione to your Ron, the Rogue to your Gambit, the Pepper Potts to your Tony Stark. I hope she takes you by the hand and leads you through a door, the Ramona Flowers to your Scott Pilgrim."

RATING:
5 HEARTS!

Troglodyte forever,

6 comments:

  1. Aha! I've seen this one before (but haven't read it primarily because: NON-FICTION) I luuuuv the cover <3 Glad you enjoyed this one, Kyla :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That book is so cute! Both with and without the dustjacket! XD

    I've been eyeing this book for a while and I really wanna read it! :) Glad you loved it and I can't wait to read it myself!

    Great review!
    ~Fari @ My Little Corner For Books


    New follower of the blog via Bloglovin'! Follow back?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Fari! Thanks for your wonderful comment and for visiting our blog.

    P.S. I will follow you back on BlogLovin'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Ailla. I'm not really a big fan of non-fiction novels but as I said this is a good one. I love the cover, too. I hope you'll get to read it soon! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm no bookworm but I happened to drop by because I love your layout.
    Looks like a lot of book reading goin on here. Cheers! Ü

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Kat! I'm very happy that you love our layout. And there's definitely lots if book reading going on here and it's so fun! Thanks for stopping by. XO

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS