Monday, December 08, 2014

Review: Miles From Kara by Melissa West


MILES FROM KARA
by
Genre: New Adult Contemporary Romance
Release Date: December 2 2014
(Penguin/Intermix) 

BLURB:

Kara Marcus is desperate to forget the past and move on. But she can’t escape her choices—especially when she finds herself falling in love…

Since the first day she stepped into her childhood Southern Baptist church, two truths have been engrained in Kara Marcus’s head: sex before marriage is bad and murder is a sin. And that’s why Kara can never forgive herself for what she did at the age of sixteen.

Now, as second semester of freshman year comes to a close, Kara has stood by her high school boyfriend, Ethan. But as they seem to grow further and further apart every day, Kara realizes that she has feelings for someone else: Ethan’s roommate Colt.

Suddenly, Kara’s clear-cut world shifts out of focus, and she’s torn between what her head tells her is right and what her heart is desperately pushing her to do—even if it means committing another undeniable sin...



I was very excited to get this novel early because I enjoyed and LOVED the first one. With that being said, this review is hard to write. I mean, I did like it, I just didn't love it as much as Pieces of Olivia.While I was delighted by the story, I never got anything compelling to me. To be honest, Miles From Kara did not fall into my "love it!" shelf; it was just okay read for me. It just isn't for me.

Let's focus on the things I like:
Kara - It is easier to relate to her. I can personally relate to her. She cannot fully leave the past behind. A certain issue is still haunting her. That's why for the most part, she is very defensive and she shuts people out. She is brutally honest, and she does not hesitate to speak her mind. 
The story - I love how the story does not focuses on romance. It focuses on Kara's journey. It includes real-life issues: she's unsure if she should proceed with her Psychology degree, she generally does not know what to do with her life. (We all go through that, right?)

I think this series is different from a lot of NA books out there. This will appeal to NA readers that is looking for something real and not another romance story. The characters in this series grow and learn from the demons of their past. It teaches us that making mistakes is part of life. We should not be too hard on ourselves instead we should learn from these mistakes and move forward.

Witness Kara's journey of healing and of fully accepting the past even when it hurts. The problem is that I really LOVE Pieces of Olivia so much and I think nothing can ever compete to it, but do give Miles of Kara a try. Maybe you will love it!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS