Thursday, January 01, 2015

Hello January 2015!

HELLO JANUARY 2015!
 


Hello, troglodytes. Happy, happy New Year! I considered 2014 as a wonderful year for me and I hope you considered it wonderful, too. By the way, I hope January 2015 will start great for y'all. I decided to do this post because I love January and it's my favorite monthWant to know why I love January? Then, continue reading.


3 REASONS WHY I LOVE JANUARY:(1). It's my birth month! YEP, I'm definitely a January baby. *throws confetti*

(2)
. Three of my favorite TV shows are airing again for its mid-season premiere! (See the list below.)
(3). A lot of great books (that I haven't read yet but I got a feeling that they will be great) are being publish this month! *happy dance*

THREE SHOWS I'VE BEEN DYING TO WATCH AGAIN:
(This list is no particular order.)

1. Wednesday (January 14), 10:00 p.m. - Stalker - CBS
2. Monday (January 19), 9:00 p.m. - Jane the Virgin - The CW
3
.
Tuesday (January 6), 8:00 p.m. - Pretty Little Liars - ABC Family

To see the full
2015 Midseason TV Premiere Schedule: Dates For New And Returning Shows, please click here.
•••••
•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Let me share five books that are going to be publish this month and I am very much excited to read:





Vivian Apple at the End of the World (Vivian Apple, #1)
by
                
Publication: January 6th 2015 by HMH Books for Young Readers

Seventeen-year-old Vivian Apple never believed in the evangelical Church of America, unlike her recently devout parents. But when Vivian returns home the night after the supposed "Rapture," all that’s left of her parents are two holes in the roof. Suddenly, she doesn't know who or what to believe. With her best friend Harp and a mysterious ally, Peter, Vivian embarks on a desperate cross-country roadtrip through a paranoid and panic-stricken America to find answers. Because at the end of the world, Vivan Apple isn't looking for a savior. She's looking for the truth. 



Love, Lucy
by April Lindner

Publication: January 27th 2015 by Poppy
 
While backpacking through Florence, Italy, during the summer before she heads off to college, Lucy Sommersworth finds herself falling in love with the culture, the architecture, the food...and Jesse Palladino, a handsome street musician. After a whirlwind romance, Lucy returns home, determined to move on from her "vacation flirtation." But just because summer is over doesn't mean Lucy and Jesse are over, too.

In this coming-of-age romance, April Lindner perfectly captures the highs and lows of a summer love that might just be meant to last beyond the season.



When
by

Publication: January 13th 2015 by Disney-Hyperion

Maddie Fynn is a shy high school junior, cursed with an eerie intuitive ability: she sees a series of unique digits hovering above the foreheads of each person she encounters. Her earliest memories are marked by these numbers, but it takes her father’s premature death for Maddie and her family to realize that these mysterious digits are actually death dates, and just like birthdays, everyone has one.

Forced by her alcoholic mother to use her ability to make extra money, Maddie identifies the quickly approaching death date of one client's young son, but because her ability only allows her to see the when and not the how, she’s unable to offer any more insight. When the boy goes missing on that exact date, law enforcement turns to Maddie.

Soon, Maddie is entangled in a homicide investigation, and more young people disappear and are later found murdered. A suspect for the investigation, a target for the murderer, and attracting the attentions of a mysterious young admirer who may be connected to it all, Maddie's whole existence is about to be turned upside down. Can she right things before it's too late



  I Was Here
by

Publication: January 27th 2015 by Viking Juvenile

Cody and Meg were inseparable.
Two peas in a pod.
Until . . . they weren’t anymore.
 
When her best friend Meg drinks a bottle of industrial-strength cleaner alone in a motel room, Cody is understandably shocked and devastated. She and Meg shared everything—so how was there no warning? But when Cody travels to Meg’s college town to pack up the belongings left behind, she discovers that there’s a lot that Meg never told her. About her old roommates, the sort of people Cody never would have met in her dead-end small town in Washington. About Ben McAllister, the boy with a guitar and a sneer, who broke Meg’s heart. And about an encrypted computer file that Cody can’t open—until she does, and suddenly everything Cody thought she knew about her best friend’s death gets thrown into question.
 
I Was Here is Gayle Forman at her finest, a taut, emotional, and ultimately redemptive story about redefining the meaning of family and finding a way to move forward even in the face of unspeakable loss.

 
The Conspiracy of Us
by


To fight her destiny as the missing heir to a powerful and dangerous secret society, sixteen-year-old Avery West must solve an ancient puzzle in a deadly race across Europe. Forbidden love and code-breaking, masked balls and explosions, destiny and dark secrets collide in this romantic thriller, in the vein of a YA DaVinci Code.

Avery West's newfound family can shut down Prada at the Champs-Elysees when they want to shop in peace, and can just as easily order a bombing when they want to start a war.

They are part of a powerful and dangerous secret society called the Circle of Twelve, and Avery is their missing heir. If they discover who she is, some of them will want to use her as a pawn. Some will want her dead.

To thwart their plans, Avery must follow a trail of clues from the landmarks of Paris to the back alleys of Istanbul and through a web of ancient legends and lies. And unless she can stay one step ahead of beautiful, volatile Stellan, who knows she’s more than she seems, and can decide whether to trust mysterious, magnetic Jack, she may be doomed after all.

Troglodyte forever,


What are you excited about this January? Are you excited about any upcoming TV shows airing this January? Are you excited to read the books I listed above, as well? Let me know about your thoughts in the comments section below!

13 comments:

  1. AAAAHHHH I've read an eARC of When and it's really great! Nice seeing it in your list, Kyla! I can't wait to know what you think of it. :) And advance happy birthday! Enjoy your month. :)

    Happy New Year! ^__^

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Julie, happiest New Year to you. You make me more excited to read When! Thanks for the wonderful comment. <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really hope you enjoy it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *cries 'cause of Sherlock hiatus and unsure return of In the Flesh* Still, advance happy birthday, Kyla! Cheers to your birth month and the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cannot WAIT to read When and I Was Here and The Conspiracy of Us. Cannot. Wait. I read Vivian Apple (the UK release, Vivian Versus the Apocalypse, because I was too excited to wait for the US release), and it didn't live up to my expectations. BUT I see a lot of other people loving it, so hopefully you will too!


    YAY for Jane the Virgin coming back! I miss Jane so. And Rafael ;) And THE 100! I need The 100 back in my life NOW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHANNON! Oh goodness, me too! I can't wait to read the same books you mentioned. Sorry if Vivian Apple didn't live up to your expectations, I'm hoping I'll like it, though. And YAY because you watch Jane the Virgin too! *high five* I've never watched The 100 but I hope I can soon. Thanks for the wonderful comment.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I added when on my TBR btw! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year, girls! January will have a lot of interesting in store for us bloggers and readers, for sure :) It just started and a drama already started (hahaha! Zipping my mouth, though. Although if you're on Twitter I'm sure you guys already heard about it). Hope you guys get to read and watch lovely books! I'm excited to read Golden Son which is to be released tomorrow! :D

    Faye at The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy New Year to you too, Carmel! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I see you're a big fan of Sherlock and In The Flesh...? Thanks for the wonderful comment, Ailla! Happy New Year, too. XO

    ReplyDelete
  11. Totally clueless on the drama part... and Yay Golden Son! But I have not read anything yet this year, what a way to start 2015! >_< Happy New Year Faye!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hmm... Now, I am curious. What didn't you like about Vivian Apple? (Share! Share!)


    I'm with on Jane the Virgin!!! >_<

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS