Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Review: Savor by Kate Evangelista


New Adult - Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance
Published December 1st 2013 by Crescent Moon Press
PURCHASE: AmazonBarnes and Noble
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
Mature and explicit content. Not recommended for readers below 18-years-old. Yup, you've got to be that old to read my story. Consider yourself warned.

I’m Dakota Collins, a tough talking, eye patch wearing, workaholic photography student. Why am I important? Well, maybe because I get to spend an entire month with Vicious, only the sickest indie rock band out there.

You see, I needed a subject for my Spring Showcase introspective in order to graduate. During a chance encounter at a club I’d been sent to cover for the Daily Gossip, our ironically named college paper, the features writer I usually teamed up with introduced me to the band—by accident, I might add. It involved a run in with a scary, bald bodyguard. Anyway, long story short, I signed a contract to take pictures of Vicious.

I should have known their handsome, yet way too serious for his own good bassist, Luka Visraya, wouldn't be able to keep his hands to himself. He’s gorgeous and all, but the way he smiles spells trouble with a capital L. I’m in for a long month with him around.

Crazy shit happens and then some. So, if you want the skinny on Vicious and the events revolving around my stay at Lunar Manor, read my story.

Again, refer to the warning above.

I won a copy of SAVOR through the Relish Scavenger Hunt.

REVIEW: 
This review was supposed to be posted last December 2014 but I was being lazy. #sorrynotsorry

I never thought I'd get the chance to read this book since I have never heard of it until the Relish Scavenger Hunt (Relish is the second book in the Vicious Feast series and it was released a few days ago). I've heard of the author before but I didn't get the chance to read her other books. I'm really looking forward to read her other books soon!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book from the very beginning until the end. I couldn't stop reading. I just could not. There is something, no, SOMEONE in this book that kept me wanting for more. OH MY GOD, LUKA VISRAYA. You guys are going to love Luka because he is a hot, mysterious, and gorgeous character! Definitely a swoon-worthy book boyfriend. (Luka, marry me. Now.) SERIOUSLY, WHERE CAN I FIND A GUY LIKE LUKA? Sorry, I just could not write this review without fangirling over Luka.

BRB. *fangirling*

It's funny how Dakota Collins is the main character but I kept on talking about Luka. Okay, well, Dakota is a very lucky girl because she got to stay at the Lunar Manor with the famous indie rock band, Vicious. Who wouldn't like that? I adore Dakota's personality -- she's very determined in life. She doesn't care about what other people think of her. The other characters were pretty cool as well.

I love how Kate Evangelista wrote this book. Her writing style is simply amazing. I understood everything easily. I finished reading this book in less than a day! I even skipped lunch just to finish reading this book. As for the ending, it was a sad ending for me. I don't know if I love or hate the ending. I just don't know what to feel! Okay? AHHH! Just give me Relish. NOW.
 
Savor is a unique, addicting, and fascinating New Adult novel with a paranormal twist. I did not feel like it was paranormal-ish, though, but still I love this book so much. I will forever recommend it. JUST GO AND READ IT.



 Relish is LIVE!Grab your copy through Amazon! ❤️
Troglodyte forever,


Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! I won this book in a giveaway AGES ago, and I had almost forgotten about it until now! Your review makes me really want to read it (especially because I want to meet this Luka character ;D). I haven't really read many NA novels, and the ones I have read have been 100% contemporary romances. So I am interested in seeing the paranormal twist on this one :D

    I hope you can read RELISH soon, Kyla!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHHH, CHIARA! You definitely need to read Savor! I hope you'll end up loving it. Thanks for the very wonderful comment. xo

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS