Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #15: Becoming Jinn by Lori Goldstein

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/
 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spinewhich spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!


BECOMING JINN (Becoming Jinn, #1)

Genre/s: Young Adult - Contemporary, Fantasy
Expected Release Date: April 21st 2015 by Feiwel & Friends
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:

Forget everything you thought you knew about genies!

Azra has just turned sixteen, and overnight her body lengthens, her olive skin deepens, and her eyes glisten gold thanks to the brand-new silver bangle that locks around her wrist. As she always knew it would, her Jinn ancestry brings not just magical powers but the reality of a life of servitude, as her wish granting is controlled by a remote ruling class of Jinn known as the Afrit.

To the humans she lives among, she’s just the girl working at the snack bar at the beach, navigating the fryer and her first crush. But behind closed doors, she’s learning how to harness her powers and fulfill the obligations of her destiny.

Mentored by her mother and her Zar “sisters”, Azra discovers she may not be quite like the rest of her circle of female Jinn . . . and that her powers could endanger them all. As Azra uncovers the darker world of becoming Jinn, she realizes when genies and wishes are involved, there’s always a trick.

Add BECOMING JINN to your TBR shelf on Goodreads!

 WHY?
Me when I saw BECOMING JINN the first time on Twitter:
description
 
When I saw this book over at Twitter (thanks to Anna Banks!), I was like,"WOW." The cover caught my attention -- plain and gorgeous. I cannot stop staring at it! The synopsis sounds promising and exciting, as well. I haven't read any good fantasy novels in a while. I'm really, really looking forward to read this book. I'm super excited for this book! AMAZING COVER + AMAZING SYNOPSIS + AMAZING (and very friendly) AUTHOR = WORTH A TRY!

Me after adding Becoming Jinn on my TBR shelf  on Goodreads:
description
 


Troglodyte forever,

What book(s) are you eagerly anticipating? Let us know in the comment section below!

12 comments:

  1. When I saw this on Goodreads, I was like "I'm watching you." Haha.. I'm also excited for Becoming Jinn! This is on my books-to-watch-out-for list. :) Awesome pick, Kyla!

    Here's My WoW

    Julie @ Books and Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha. Same here, Julie and I am very glad that you're excited for Becoming Jinn as well! Thanks for hte wonderful comment and I'll check out your WoW post as well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this one in the mail today! Cannot wait to read. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. AHHH! Really? Well, Sara, I am jealous. Hahaha. Anyways, I hope you enjoy it and please do let me know if it's great! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cover is GORG! AHHHH! However, I think I'll pass this one up since I don't think it's my thing (Unless you girls will be highly recommending it, then I might check it out) lovely WoW Kyla :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of this one yet! But woah, that synopsis sounds amazing! I've only ever read one jinn book so I'd like to check this out if I can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree, the synopsis definitely sounds amazing. Thanks for stopping by, Hazel. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't now about this book yet, thank you so much for bringing it to my attention! Adding it to my TBR :D

    here's our WoW :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. No problem, Fiza! And thank YOU because you'll be adding it to your TBR. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I AM SO EXCITED TO READ THIS. But if I don't see it in the library, I probably won't buy it. MAYBE. I don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for stopping by, Val!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Doesn't Jinn just sound SO FREAKING GOOD?! Lori is my boo, so of course I can't wait to read her book <33 Nice pick!

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS