Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #17: Seriously Wicked by Tina Conolly + Shutter by Courtney Alameda

http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/
 Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spinewhich spotlights upcoming releases that we’re eagerly anticipating!

 KYLA'S PICK:
SERIOUSLY WICKED
by

Genre/s: Young Adult - Paranormal. Fantasy
Expected Release Date: May 5th 2015 by Tor Teen
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
The only thing worse than being a witch is living with one.

Camellia’s adopted mother wants Cam to grow up to be just like her. Problem is, Mom’s a seriously wicked witch.

Cam’s used to stopping the witch’s crazy schemes for world domination. But when the witch summons a demon, he gets loose—and into Devon, the cute new boy at school.

Now Cam’s suddenly got bigger problems than passing Algebra. Her friends are getting zombiefied. Their dragon is tired of hiding in the RV garage. For being a shy boy-band boy, Devon is sure kissing a bunch of girls. And a phoenix hidden in the school is going to explode on the night of the Halloween Dance.

To stop the demon before he destroys Devon’s soul, Cam might have to try a spell of her own. But if she’s willing to work spells like the witch...will that mean she’s wicked too?

Add SERIOUSLY WICKED to your TBR shelf on Goodreads!
Pre-order SERIOUSLY WICKED via Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

 WHY?

I added this book to my TBR shelf [on Goodreads] last year because I think the cover looks cute. Seriously Wicked sounds like a fun paranormal novel to me. The synopsis is very interesting, out of all paranormal beings, I'm more drawn to witches. I'm really looking forward to read this book! 


CARMEL'S PICK:
SHUTTER
by

Genre/s: Young Adult - Horror
Expected Release Date: February 3rd 2015 by Feiwel & Friends 
GOODREADS SYNOPSIS:
Horror has a new name: introducing Courtney Alameda.

Micheline Helsing is a tetrachromat—a girl who sees the auras of the undead in a prismatic spectrum. As one of the last descendants of the Van Helsing lineage, she has trained since childhood to destroy monsters both corporeal and spiritual: the corporeal undead go down by the bullet, the spiritual undead by the lens. With an analog SLR camera as her best weapon, Micheline exorcises ghosts by capturing their spiritual energy on film. She's aided by her crew: Oliver, a techno-whiz and the boy who developed her camera's technology; Jude, who can predict death; and Ryder, the boy Micheline has known and loved forever.

When a routine ghost hunt goes awry, Micheline and the boys are infected with a curse known as a soulchain. As the ghostly chains spread through their bodies, Micheline learns that if she doesn't exorcise her entity in seven days or less, she and her friends will die. Now pursued as a renegade agent by her monster-hunting father, Leonard Helsing, she must track and destroy an entity more powerful than anything she's faced before . . . or die trying.

Lock, stock, and lens, she’s in for one hell of a week.

Add SHUTTER to your TBR shelf on Goodreads!
Pre-order SHUTTER via Amazon
or Barnes and Noble

WHY?
Shutter's Goodreads page is filled with positive reviews. Mostly, the reviews indicate that it's recommended to fans of the TV show SUPERNATURAL. How can I say no to this? Besides, I have been wanting to read something scary. The cover itself scares the bejeezus out of me. SHUTTER WILL BE AVAILABLE NEXT WEEK!



What book(s) are you eagerly anticipating? Let us know in the comment section below!

20 comments:

  1. Great choices! I love the book cover for Seriously Wicked. Sounds like a fun read.

    Shutter is my number one pick for the February's best book covers for a different meme. It sounds really good, too.

    Hope you can check out my WoW.



    Cheers,
    Page @ Never Enough Shelf Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks! Both covers are very eye catching.
    Wonderful blog by the way!
    New GFC follower
    My WoW
    Jess @ Jess Time To Read

    ReplyDelete
  3. christine danielleJanuary 28, 2015 at 5:46 AM

    Loving the list. This author is pretty popular. :D
    I also loved how you put your list this week.

    Hope you can check out My waiting on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd just want Seriously Wicked for that cover alone. Luckily the description of it sounds like so much fun.

    Shutter sounds also crazy good and that cover is sooo creepy. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seriously Wicked definitely sounds like a fun read! Shutter sounds good as well. Thanks for stopping by, Page!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree, both covers are definitely eye catching. Thanks for the wonderful comment, Jess.

    P.S. I followed your blog thru GFC as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm very glad that you'll add it to your TBR pile. Thanks for the wonderful comment, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Same thoughts on Seriously Wicked, Steph! I agree with you on your thoughts about Shutter as well. Thanks for the wonderful comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously Wicked sounds super fun and I feel like I ought to give it a try!
    And I highly recommend Shutter!! I read it and loved!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also have Shutter for this week's WoW :D really can't wait for it!

    Seriously Wicked sounds pretty interesting and I'm really digging that cover. I'm definitely keeping my eyes out for that one :)

    new GFC follower, by the way :)
    czai @ the Blacksheep Project

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks ladies!! I have wanting Shutter for a while but Seriously Wicked looks really fun too!! I love Tor's stuff in general.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay, thanks for the wonderful comment, Brittany! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad you love Shutter, Pili. I agree with you on Seriously Wicked, it def sounds fun! Thanks for the wonderful comment! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Seriously Wicked def sounds interesting and I'm glad you chose Shutter for you WoW pick as well. Thanks for the wonderful comment, Czai! ;)

    P.S. I will follow you back thru GFC too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. PILI! Ahhh! Soo jealous, you got to read Shutter already! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW! *high five* Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the cover for seriously wicked! THOSE TIGHTS! And Shutter sounds awesomely creepy! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Seriously Wicked sounds great! I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cover for Seriously Wicked made me chuckle out loud. The cover for Shutter made me shiver. Good responses to both books. I'm adding them to the towering TBR pile.

    My WoW this week

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS