Sunday, February 08, 2015

Troglodytes Approve 4: The Break-Up Artist by Philip Siegel (Interview)


The third book with my seal of approval...


THE BREAK-UP ARTIST
 
Young Adult - Contemporary
  Published April 29th 2014 by Harlequin Teen
PURCHASE: AmazonB&N

Some sixteen-year-olds babysit for extra cash.

Some work at the mall.

Becca Williamson breaks up couples.


Becca knows from experience the damage that love can do. After all, it was so-called love that turned Huxley from her childhood best friend into a social-world dictator, and love that left Becca's older sister devastated at the altar. Instead of sitting on the sidelines, Becca strikes back—for just one hundred dollars via PayPal, she will trick and manipulate any couple's relationship into smithereens. And with relationship zombies overrunning her school and treating single girls as if they're second-class citizens, business is unfortunately booming. Even Becca's best friend, Val, has resorted to outright lies to snag a boyfriend.

One night, Becca receives a mysterious offer to break up the most popular couple in school: Huxley and raw football team's star player, Steve. To succeed, she'll have to plan her most elaborate scheme to date—starting rumors, sabotaging cell phones, breaking into cars...not to mention sneaking back into Huxley's good graces. All while fending off the inappropriate feelings she may or may not be having for Val's new boyfriend.

No one said being the Break-Up Artist would be easy.

Add THE BREAK-UP ARTIST to your TBR shelf on Goodreads!
 
WHY
?
The Break-Up Artist is a very entertaining Young Adult contemporary novel. I thoroughly devoured it from the beginning until the end! It's a realistic story that deals with both friendship and love. It gave me the chance to know what love means to different kinds of people. The MC, Becca Williamson will always be one of my favorite fictional characters ever. She's just so genuine... I really like her personality. This book will forever be one of the best contemporary novels I've ever read in my existence. And I am very much looking forward to read Mr. Siegel's other novels. Don't forget to check out the interview I had with the one and only, Philip Siegel! :D

[Anyways, you can check out my review of The Break Artist here.]



 The author of THE BREAK-UP ARTIST, Philip Siegel, gave me the chance to interview him. Check it out below:


1. Your debut novel is The Break-Up Artist, for those who don't know, could you tell us more about your novel?
The book is about a girl who runs a business at her school breaking up couples. She's hired by a mysterious man to break up the most popular couple in school. She'll have to infiltrate the popular clique, make nice with her former best friend, and cause a little trouble in order to get the job done.

2. Have you always wanted to be a writer? If not, what did you want to be?
Yes! I've loved writing as long as I can remember in any form. Creating skits with friends, trying to write plays and screenplays. I turned to writing YA about 7 years ago, but I've been writing stories for years and years!

3. What is the best part of being an author?

Getting fanmail. Anytime I get a letter or email or tweet from people who've read and enjoyed my book and these characters, it makes the whole publishing gauntlet worth it. I love seeing people connect with my characters.

4. What can readers look forward to in your upcoming works?
There is a sequel to THE BREAK-UP ARTIST called THE REVENGE ARTIST, which will be coming out soon. (No release date yet, but stay tuned!)

[I just had to add my reaction about this sequel thingy, sorry.] 
Kyla: Oh, my god. THERE'S A SEQUEL, PEOPLE! And it's coming out soon! Oh, gosh. I am so happy right now. *tears of joy*


5. Recommend your book (The Break-Up Artist) to everyone.
If you enjoyed MEAN GIRLS or EASY A, you will love THE BREAK-UP ARTIST. Get ready to laugh!

To Philip Siegel; thank you so much for letting me interview you. It was really an honor.

Troglodyte forever,


Leave your thoughts in the comment section below!

2 comments:

  1. I soooo love this "segment" of yours! The books you recommend looks really interesting :) I wanna read them all!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who doesn't like MEAN GIRLS? XD And now that this book has been compared to that movie ... I am pretty sure I will have to check it out! Especially since the premise sounds so fresh and interesting. The title of the sequel also promises revenge, and I love revenge *evil laughter*

    Thanks for this interview, Kyla! I shall add this book to the TBR right now :D

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS