Tuesday, February 02, 2016

January Wrap Up!

 
I have a lot of great books this month. My top 3 would be F*ck Love, Until Friday Night, and Confessions. Read my thoughts about them below!


 
Not If I See You First  by Eric Lindstrom | Adds to Goodreads |
The only reason why I continued reading despite having several issues is Parker. She's the best MC I've read in a long time. She may be blind, but she can kick your ass! 
 I'm not a fan of the romance part. I didn't like Scott. I wanted Jason for Parker to be honest. But, oh well, the story took a different direction than what I expected. Still, I recommend NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST because of the snarky, BB Parker. 3/5 





This Song Is (Not) For You by Laura Nowlin  | Adds to Goodreads |
I know not a lot like THIS SONG IS (NOT) FOR YOU, but I actually like this. The book is NOT your typical run-in-the-mill love story. It deals with asexuality, which I think should be written about more often. The story is told from the 3 main characters' point of view. Many of you may not understand Ramona, Sam, and Tom's set up, but I still think this is an important book that everyone should try to read. 4/5 



  F*ck Love by | Adds to Goodreads |
"The best kind of love is the love that isn't supposed to happen."

When Tarryn writes, she captivates you and you can no longer escape. There was that sense of yearning and longing. You can identify with her characters. You will root for them til the end!  HER WORDS ARE BEAUTIFULLY SAD! No other author can write like her.

"Contrast is important in life. We understand what light is because we can compare it with what we know is dark. Sweet is made sweeter after we eat something bitter. It’s the very same with sadness. And it’s important to experience sadness, to embrace it in order to truly know happiness. I was just a flat line until he came along. And maybe now I’m hurting. But isn’t that what love is supposed to do? Make you feel, make you brave, make you look at yourself more carefully?" 5/5 

 





The Girl In 6E  by A.R. Torre | Adds to Goodreads |
Fear of human interaction + need to kill = one badass main character. You should not mess with THE GIRL IN 6E!  
(Though this is part of a series, all three books are standalones.) 5/5 
Duplicity by N.K. Traver  | Adds to Goodreads |
Hackers + supercomputers + awesomeness = one epic cyber thriller!  4/5 

   Confessions by | Adds to Goodreads |
OMG! CONFESSIONS WAS VERY UNPREDICTABLE! IT WAS FULL OF TWIST AND TURNS! IT HAD THAT VERY DARK AND GRIM FEEL TO IT! THIS IS THE ULTIMATE REVENGE BOOK!  5/5
 





  What You Wanted by | Adds to Goodreads |
If I have a favorite Mina V. Esguerra book, it would be That Kind of Guy. I can definitely relate to Manang Julie! In What You Wanted, you get to read Andrea's story (Julie's sister!) I am not a fan of hookup stories, but What You Wanted proved that Andrea also has her own story to tell. She is not just Julie's sister. Mina was able to make me understand where Andrea's coming from. In the end, I rooted for her! I wanted her to have the happy ending she definitely deserves.4/5


  
 
   Damage Done by | Adds to Goodreads |
The plot twist was not surprising! I was not shocked. It crossed my mind early on. When the twist was revealed, I was disappointed. I was confused like why was that twist chosen?! This was not that first book I read with this kind of twist. If you've read a lot of thrillers, Damage Done was not able to showcase something new. You'll either be disappointed or mind-blown. Too bad for me I got disappointed big time! 2/5





   Until Friday Night by | Adds to Goodreads |
I totally did not expect that I would love UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT so much! I am not particularly fond of Abbi Glines' other books especially the steamy / sexy ones. UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT was different from her usual books. It had so much depth. It dealt with family and friendship. It did not solely focus on the romance. The issues that the main characters were going through felt real. I could feel their pain, their loss, and their heartaches. I wish Abbi Glines would focus on these kinds of books. If she would write more books like UNTIL FRIDAY NIGHT, she will definitely be on my list of favorite authors in no time. 5/5 

 


What have you read last month?
Share your links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS