Monday, August 22, 2016

Backlist Revival Project 8: The First Time They Met by Ana Valenzuela

It's Backlist Revival Project once again! For those who didn't know, Mina Esguerra and I are doing Backlist Revival Project to help bring attention, new reviews, and new readers to books that are a few years old. We will feature a book per month and the featured book of the month is a contemporary romance that was published in 2014 or earlier. So, if you are interested to REVIEW books by Filipino authors, please let us know.
  For August, the featured book is The First Time They Met by Ana Valenzuela.

The First Time They Met

Goodreads Synopsis:
What’s making Mayumi anxious on her best friend’s birthday party?

Is it her long time best friend Marie? Marie is now in college, and Mayumi starts to doubt their friendship as Marie meets new people and gets closer to them.

Or is it this basketball player named Micah? A guy she recently met and is making every girl fall for him---Mayumi included.



|| Add The First Time They Met on Goodreads 
|| Buy the book on  Amazon| |

 
Interview


Tell us what is The First Time They Met about in 140 characters or less.
It's her BFF's birthday but Mayumi can't help feeling anxious, is it because of her BFF's new clique or because of cute ball player Micah?
 
Can you think of 3 songs that go perfectly with your book?
Minsan by Eraserheads
Best Day Of My Life by American Authors
One Thing by One Direction


What can readers expect upon reading The First Time They Met?
I hope that Micah is enough to give them the feels.

Apart from that, I also wish that the readers will have some takeaways. Insecurity is part of growing up (if not of life itself), I hope that the when the readers finish through this they will let go and allow greatness itself to run its course, you never know it might be the first day you meet greatness. :)
 
 
Promote your book.
Part of Mina Esguerra's classes are the challenges that she posts, and for this BuqoYA, I was grouped into the 24 hour trope (like The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith , which I loved btw). I thought about what certain event can people meet other people, can stay up late, and and and I had experience with, and a birthday party is the one that checked all the boxes. It is somewhat personal, as the setting is an all too familiar place to me that was from a decade ago, and some of the teenage angst here of Mayumi and Micah's is my own even.
 
About Ana Valenzuela:
Ana Valenzuela graduated with a degree in AB Literature from UST. She is currently taking up her masters major in Development Communication at UPOU.
She works as a content writer for an online retail company and does freelance work on the side. 

CONNECT WITH ANA:


2 comments:

  1. This project is awesome!!! Backlist books need so much love and it's great to see you highlighting some.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carmel! It's been too long since we talked. Commenting365 is bringing me back to a lot of friends' blogs today, and I'm glad I got the chance to visit yours :D I might have to try out this project (if it's a feature!) I've been trying to promote books I love that are old, and it's been hard, but I'm slowly working toward it. If you're interested in trying something like this on a weekly basis, you might want to check out the Monday Musts feature. It's one of my favorites right now, and you might like it. Anyways, I'm looking forward to taking a look at The First They Met!

    - Eli @ The Silver Words (@thesilverwords)
    #commenting365

    ReplyDelete

We love getting comments from all of you, dear Trogs. :)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS